Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What do women think of men who dye their hair to cover grey hair?

Do they think it means you take pride in your appearance, or do they think it looks fake?What do women think of men who dye their hair to cover grey hair?
I don't think any woman can complain too much about it. Most of us at one time or are now dying ours too. A lot of us say it is for the color but let's be honest, covering the gray is a reason also. I dye mine one color deeper than my original because I like the way my hair looks but covering those few gray around my ears and in my bangs is a reason also. I just don't tell anyone that one.What do women think of men who dye their hair to cover grey hair?
i dont think women PREFER grey hair...i would say it depends on overall look of the hair. if you make it look natural then yeah so what if you dye your hair. If you like your grey and still ooze confidence, leave it grey! just whatever you choose, make sure it looks natural.
I'm 25 and I dye my gray hair there is nothing wrong with it. As long as it natural
Well, I personally think it's funny, like they are so worried about getting older. I think gray is wisdom and mature.
hmm depends


if it looks natural dyed, then go for it


on the other hand, if ur george clooney, leave it natural
I color mine. Why shouldn't you color yours?
If it makes them feel better about themselves,,,,,, then they should.
I think it depends!!!! My man has a few of gray hairs here and there and he hates it and I like it!! But i would have to say if he had lots af gray I would hate it!! I would suggest some hight or low lights to cover some of the gray!!! But to dye the whole head!!! UUUUUuuuuummmmmmmmm not too natural and I doesn't look good on lots of men!!!!!!
I think it is fine, as long as the dye job looks natural.
Grey hair can be very sexy. If you do consider dye, have it done professionally and make sure to have any facial hair also dyed. If it's obvious that it is dyed to cover up grey it would be a huge turn off.
it depends on if it is a good dye good or not. if a man wants to do this that is fine...just go spend some money on it at a good salon..the Grecian doesn't cut it.
Of course not. Men can dye thier hair for many reasons...to be more spefic, I know plenty of guys who dye their hair crazy colors because they're mainly the punkish boy band type lol.
It indicates a sense of vanity which in men is less than appealing for most women. It is sort of immasculating in a sense, which is absurd since women do the same thing....but as much as we try to be equal there are alway subtle nuances to the expectations we have based upon gender.
I have no problem with it. If a woman can do this why not a man?
I really think it depends on the dye, and how natural it looks. You have to remember that the dye will show up much darker on grey hair than on the hair that is still the natural color, so take that into account. Stay very very close to your natural hair color, and if necessary, apply less than the recommended amount of dye the first time around, until you're familiar with the results.
It's ok to me when they are 45 or older, it makes them look better.
FAKE
I do not see a problem with a guy dyeing their hair. We women do it so why not men as well. Make sure you use the hair color made for men.
Women prefer grey hair. Some father thing type of deal.
whatever works so u dont show your age
I think it's just fine - do what you like best. Just don't go jet black, which looks unnatural on most people and too harsh. Maybe a dark blonde would look nice.
It depends on the man's age, and how and where the hair is going gray.


If he's in his 20's, then he needs to dye it, he's not mature enough to pull off the dignified look of gray hair.


If he's going gray at the temples, then it's dignified and can be very appealing.


If it's an uneven ';salt and pepper'; look in his whole hair, then I say dye it. Then once his hair has gone gray, he can slowly let the shading fade out and the gray show.





As long as he dyes his hair it's natural color, it won't look bad. Even if women can tell it's been touched-up, we won't think it looks fake as long as you don't dye black hair blonde :-)


I think that it just shows that the man doesn't want to look any older, and gray hair adds significant years to your looks. And yes, I would think that he cares about his appearance similar to women who dye the gray out.
I don't really think about it. Dying your hair is a normal thing to do these days. Do what makes you happy. I color my hair dark brown because my natural color is so dark that my hair looks black! But I agree with one of the previous answers...it's ok as long as it looks natural. But just weird if you dye it an outrageous color. Like if your natural color was brown, don't dye it blonde. But bottom line...do what makes you happy.





J
if it bothers you that you are getting Grey hair and you do not want it to look fake when you color it... do not do it all... i mean leave a little of the Grey there so you are not going from one extreme to the other. (that is if you are really going Grey a lot) if you are just starting to go Grey you can probably color it all without It looking fake.... i would say to ask your hair stylist to do it for you... they can match your natural hair with the correct color... (that helps a lot too)--hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment