Friday, February 26, 2010

What would cause an 11-year-old boy to get grey hair?

Apparently my nephew is getting grey hair. What condition could cause this?What would cause an 11-year-old boy to get grey hair?
A copper deficiency. Copper is a source of 'pigmentation regeneration.'What would cause an 11-year-old boy to get grey hair?
Gray hair in childhood is known as Premature graying or canities.


Premature graying in children is usually genetically programmed -- If


the parents or grandparents had premature graying, the children may


follow suit.








The time and speed of gray hair onset is due in part to genetics, and


early onset gray hair development can run in families. Very


occasionally, a few gray hairs can develop in children as young as 8


years and yet it indicates nothing other than an early onset of the


gray hair that we all develop with increasing age. Typical gray hair


first develops at age 34.2 +/- 9.6 years in Caucasians while for Black


people the average age of onset is 43.9 +/-10.3 years


http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C574183.鈥?/a>





There are many instances where a systemic disease can indirectly


affect hair color. The mechanisms by which hair color changes occur in


such diseases has not been investigated in any detail although various


suggestions have been made.





Certain drugs, herbs and supplements -- including vitamin E and


echinacea -- are also known to cause graying. In addition, smoking has


been linked to early graying. A study published in the December 21,


1996, issue of the British Medical Journal suggested a connection


between smoking and gray hair (as well as between smoking and male


baldness). The researchers were not, however, able to determine a


direct cause-and-effect relationship.


http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/men/9911/10/pr鈥?/a>





Smoke, even second hand smoke, has been linked to premature gray hair.


http://nhfpl.adam.com/pages/wc/articles/鈥?/a>
most likely it is genetic, I used to have grey hair around that age and it peaked around when I was 15 with probably around 30% of my hair white (not even grey). I started using this oil called ';Dabur Amla Hair Oil';, you can only get it is ethnic East Indian stores, and make sure t only get the Dabur brand, which is the original and best.





The way I used it is that on weekends when I did not plan on going anywhere, I used to massage a healthy amount if it into my hair, such that my hair was all wet with oil and I used to let it sit for 4-5 hours and then take a deep shower using good quality shampoo and conditioner. Aside from that, every time I take a daily shower, I rub about 5 drops of the oil into my palms and massage it into my hair/scalp ad then comb my hair like regular.





All this resulted in my hair going back to black by age 18 and now I am 31 with maybe only 10-12 grey hairs. Oh, I also NEVER ever use any gels, sprays etc.., only good quality shampoo and conditioner. I have also kept using the Dabur oil ever since, 5 drops after each shower.
Is gray hair really caused by stress?


I honestly think parents make that up.


Anyway, It might not be CAUSED by anything.


I went to high school with a kid who was born with a patch of gray hair, kind of like a birthmark.


And I have a friend who started growing a few gray hairs during junior year.


I think it just happens to people sometimes.


I mean, look at American Idol's Taylor Hicks.


He had a whole head of gray hair and he was only 20 something.
It could possibly be a thyrioid problem or a nutrient deficiency. Also, folate deficiency can sometimes cause prematurely greying hair in children. Make sure he is eating enough vegetables or any vegetables at all.
http://www.edgeprovidence.com/index.php?鈥?/a>





Here--maybe this can help you out a little bit to understand more that could be going on with your nephew.
genetics %26amp; or:





http://www.hair-n-skin-care.com/askquest鈥?/a>
I would suspect stress...but here's a link that has a bunch of explanations: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/451568.html
stress, or maybe it's genes. In my family, the men get white hair by the age of 25. My brother is 21, and he's already finding white strands.
If it's just one or two hairs then it's not a problem at all.





If there's a large ammount of gray hair it may be genetic or he's overstressed.
he could just be really stressed out.


maybe his home life isn't as great as everyone says it is [ if they do ].


or maybe something has heppened at school.
i have heard of 18 year olds getting them.. so why not 11?


its probably just stress, or heriditary, or maybe sun bleaching it if his hair is black?
genetics. went to school with a set of twins- one went totally grey by age of 13.
Stress. Bullies. Worries. Hormones.


My friend has been grey since he was 9.
I would say extreme stress but if hes eleven, it doesn't seem likely. I'd say that its in his genes. Its probably nothing bad.
horrible genes from his parents. also heritage can affect that too.
Genetics.
Heredity. I went to school with a kid that had grey hair.
Alopecia?
i would check that out with the doctor ....my brother in law was bald by the time he graduated !!!





probably just hereditary
No condition. I got grey hair at 11.
If its in his genes he'll get. (ie: If another family member has the same trait).
genetics
genetics
If that is true, he should see a doctor ASAP.
Stress.
He had it in genes.
genes
annoying parents
The same thing that cause my 13 yr old to get one? Maybe vitamin deficiency?





Smooches
its genetic..something in the mom and dads DNA that mixed and it made grey

No comments:

Post a Comment